A Quick Philosophy

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar

Here's my attempt at clarifying the target that this blog will attempt to hit.

I believe it was Stephen King who said (and he may have been quoting one or many other authors) that if you need to write every day if you want to get better at writing every day. While I've used some apps to write on my phone, it simply isn't the same as sitting in the chair, putting your hands on the keyboard, and cranking out some ideas. (BIC-HOK [Butt in Chair; Hands on Keyboard] as the folks over at Writing Excuses refer to it) This blog is an effort to provide me with a little bit of motivation to try to write every day (or at least more frequently than I have been).

That being said, I am not going to limit myself to simply creative writing posts. I may occasionally throw in an idea that struck me and tweaked my perspective a bit because that's what good ideas do, and when you get a good idea, it's usually a good idea to share that good idea.

Purpose: write short creative stories meant to (1) give readers a temporary reprieve from life and (2) stretch my creative muscles to gain strength and flexibility.

Comments

  1. DO IT! I don't see a 'follow' button anywhere!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do some research and figure out how to insert a follow button. :) Thanks, Schofie!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Eye Contact

A Sausage